So here's a 3-D flyover of my run today and, seeing what the gps picked up, I can see why it thinks it's 5.21 miles when it's really just barely over 5. I promise I did not take any side trips into the swamp, cow pasture, field, a stranger's backyard or the road. sheesh.
This was a tough run for me. It was hot (I didn't start until after 8 am and it was already 81-degrees outside), my shins/calves hurt, and I ended up with a huge blister in the same spot I've blistered twice already this week. I don't know how to prevent them except using moleskin every single time I run. And I'll probably have to buy stock in moleskin if that's the only solution. I have the "right" shoes, I have the "right", $6 blister-free socks and I still blister every single time I run more than 3 miles. Ouch!! I did finish the last 100 yards at a pretty fast pace and I was once again surprised I had it in me!
No comments:
Post a Comment