Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Find Your Strong, end of Month 1

My husband is too smart for his own good.  Well, for MY own good is probably more like it.  I've tried to act like gaining some weight during this month was all to be expected and part of the whole process...blah, blah, blah.  But in truth, it really sucked.  

And, while I didn't think I was moping around, last night, Brian called me on it, very sweetly of course, and helped me realize all of the progress I have made.  And offered to help me with a modified workout plan, namely....adding more running.  (((sigh)))

So, for this month, I'll be running 4 days a week (about 14-16 miles a week total), and doing my cardio/sculpting workouts twice a week.

Here's my layout with the numbers for the end of this first month:

This is the journaling for this page:

Well, I’d be lying if I say I’m not disappointed. I’ve worked out every
day this month, except Sundays, and I’ve worked out hard.  I’ve watched
what I’ve eaten, consciously eaten more protein, eaten less junk,
including less sugar.  And I’ve gained just over a pound and a half.

On the up side (and this is a very good up side...), I’ve lost a total of
5.5 inches off my body.  I think this is the only thing keeping me from
tossing my whole motivation out the window.  Well, that and the fact
that I can feel my muscles toning up a lot.  I’ve actually cut down the
amount of times a day I make Brian feel my muscles...this is progress.

I find it very interesting how much I want validation that what I’m doing
is making a difference.  I fought the temptation to weigh myself for
about the last two weeks but I think if I had and didn’t see any difference
I would have been discouraged a lot sooner. And it’s so silly to expect
much of a difference so early in the game.  If I was trying to lose 100 lbs
then, yes, I probably would have.  Instead, I just want to lose these last
20 pounds that my body has become very efficient in holding on to.

I’m going to be changing it up this month so I’ll be interested in seeing
how the results respond to it!


1 comment:

  1. Such a great post, Heidi. Good for you, that is awesome about all the inches!! I have found I just do not have a tolerance for any kind of sugar and feel so much better without it. I think we should do a 'sister's healthy lifestyle challenge,' that would be so fun and nice to have some accountability. :)

    ReplyDelete