Sunday, July 24, 2011

Find Your Strong, Part Three

Seriously, could I drag this on any longer? (apparently I'm channeling Chandler Bing)
Yes, I probably could but I really want to move on.

So Cathy Zielske's fitness journal is called Move More Eat Less:
 
 And you can find more about it here.  And buy it here.  Which I did.

I know, I'm a graphic designer.  I could have totally created the whole thing from scratch, using the fonts and colors I want.  I could have, but I wanted to spend the time on the things that really matters.

Like a nap.

Besides, she includes layered psd files so you can customize it to your heart's content.  Which I did.
I was tempted to name my own fitness journal:
Push Myself Harder Eat Less Crap Don't Give Up.  

But it doesn't look as clean on a logo:

So I'll stick with just the four words to remind me of my longer motto.
I've gone back and forth about whether or not I'll show my starting numbers here.  But this is my system of accountability so I'm going to put it all out there (and I apologize now to some of my more sensitive readers for the photos you are about to see... ;-)  These pictures are the real deal...no body shapers worn and unPhotoshopped.  ((sigh))

I know that my current weight may sound good to some people, but you need to keep everything in perspective.  To someone who is 6', 150 lbs is way too skinny.  On a 5'3" body, 150 lbs is overweight.  Since I have little hope of gaining an extra 9 inches in my height, my only option is to lose the 20 lbs.  And, like I've said, it's not so much about the weight, it's about being flabby and not in shape.  I used to love my arms.  They were so toned and muscular.  I can't wait until they're like that again.

So here is what I have committed to do:
  1. Move More
    --At least 30 minutes a day, closer to 60 minutes if possible
    --Keeping my heart rate high for a greater part of that time than I have before.

  2. Eat Better
    --More protein with EVERY meal and snack
    --Less sugar
    --More fresh fruit and vegetables
    --More water
    --Record EVERYTHING I eat

  3. Get Enough Sleep
    --Start getting ready for bed around 9, in bed by 10 (5 a.m. comes really early!)
Because losing weight will only be a happy consequence of everything else I am recording, I will only be weighing myself once a month, as well as take a new picture that I'll compare with this first month one.

I'll also document every day's work out here for accountability's sake.  I don't have a goal date because this is an ongoing process, not a means to an end.

One week down, three to go until the next picture and weigh-in...

No comments:

Post a Comment