So here, in a nutshell, are a few projects I've completed recently off of the ol' Pinterest. Each is complete with the picture of the finished project and a link to my pin on Pinterest, which links to the original blog post with the idea. (Why do the work again when someone else has already done it?? ;-)
PS--My favorite projects are towards the end...
Green Smoothies
I just used this recipe as a guide and substituted what I had on hand. It calls for 4 cups of fresh spinach as well as whatever fruit you want to throw in (I think I threw in a banana and some blueberries?). I also put in chocolate protein powder, fat-free milk, and a scoop of PB for a fat.
I was actually very, pleasantly surprised at how much I really liked these smoothies. No spinachy taste at all, it was pretty good. I made these several times and will probably continue to make them.
Green Smoothie Cups
Since I needed to use up all the spinach somehow before it went bad, I decided to give this recipe a try. I did make a lot of substitutions, I used canned pineapple instead of the mango, clementines instead of the orange, but left the rest pretty much the same.
The jury is still out on this one. It's a good pre- or post-workout smoothie but since I have the majority of my smoothies as my breakfast, it has too strong of a flavor for me to want to drink it in the morning.
(I'm having a problem getting this pin to come up so I apologize if the link doesn't bring it up too...)
Smoothie Packets
I didn't really follow a pin/recipe for these. I just got all the fruit and put it into packets to freeze so I could grab one in the morning and throw it in the blender, along with some protein powder and milk for my breakfast. I actually overestimated, a lot, and one packet makes two smoothies...
This is probably one of my best finds of late. I actually am the one that pinned it when I first found it on Ravelry. This is an amazing pattern with instructions for newborn up to adult and it crochets up really fast. I've made this in several color combinations and it's a big hit as a baby present.
Photo Wall
This project was inspired by lots of pins on Pinterest but this one and this one stand out the most. The word "family" is out of thumbtacks (thank you to my oldest daughter, Jessica, for finishing after my thumb got too sore to keep going!!). I found the idea on Pinterest too but I can't find the pin for it. I'll keep looking for it.
It's still a work in progress, there are only about half of the photos on the wall so far, and I'll be adding a letter "C" as well as a clock and a small mirror, but I'm already so happy with it I want to share!
Here's the wall from another angle:
Out of all of my projects, this one makes me the happiest! :)
Are you on Pinterest? You can follow me here if you'd like...and I'll return the favor!
Happy pinning!!



Your wall is cute! Fun to see you having fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! :)
DeleteI just wanted to tell you that the word family done with nailhead tacks is really neat. I have thought about doing that on a chest for my husband that says cowboy. Was it hard to do?
ReplyDelete